Saturday, March 22, 2014

Father Heart of God.

This week has been another busy week! Last Sunday I had the privilege of sharing my testimony at a translators workshop. It was an awesome experience to graduate the class and see the excitement on the ladies and men faces when they received their certificates. Tuesday we went to the community to do games and crafts with the neighborhood kids. Wednesday was community night, North American themed! We had Chili and cornbread. It's funny how chili is definitely a North American thing...everyone else had no clue what it was and Santy (Indonesian) made her first pan of cornbread. That night we had a Giving Night. It's a time of prayer and worship...and giving (no, duh). The needed funds for outreach did go down! We now have less then 2000usd we have to raise. Thursday we took the sky train to Downtown Bangkok :D We went to a mall to buy Indian clothing. I absolutely love Indian clothes and am so excited about wearing them while in India! Friday night was Youth night (our one and only). I had so much fun with the kids! I got to spend some time talking to the girls after; they taught me some Khmer language and then asked about where I live and then shared their dream about going to Paris. I really hope their dream of going to Paris does come true someday.

This week we learned about the Father heart of God. Our speaker was from California and was a fantastic speaker! He has been in YWAM for 40 years and knows a lot of the original YWAM people; his mother-in-law is Joy Dawson, a lady who had a big part in the start of YWAM.

So what I learned this week...
The world feeds us a lot of lies that come from pagan worship. Such as: God is changeable, therefore I have to constantly prove that I am good person. We prayed that we would all have a anger towards the apathy and the lies that Satan tries to feed us. On Thursday our speaker and male leaders had a time that they  encouraged, prayed and commissioned us, all girls DTS, to go out and make disciples, reach the hurting, and live our lives. Lea (who's Samoan) did a cry/call that the church from his culture use when sending people out. It was a intense cry but super awesome! We talked about a Father's authority, faithfulness, generosity, attentiveness, affection, and  acceptance. At the end of the week we discussed each of these points in depth and asked ourselves if we had any problems with any of these areas. It was a very eye opening time for all of us. I really had to deal with my perfectionism that, I realized, made it hard for me to trust others. We talked about unconditional love and that because Jesus shows us this love we should show the same to others. This says it perfectly: "Love is letting those we love be perfectly themselves, and not twisting them to fit our own image. Otherwise we only love the reflection of ourselves we see in them." I want to show unconditional love to the people in my life...so goodbye perfectionism! I am so glad God doesn't let me live with my mistakes!

We leave for Cambodia a week from today! Can't believe our lecture phase is almost over!

No comments:

Post a Comment