Monday, February 24, 2014

Bangkok International Tens [The world of rugby]

I survived BIT weekend!

Saturday: I co-led the Kids group on Saturday. We had 16 kids (Thai and Cambodian) from our Nak Suu program that were in our group. I led the group with my Thai roommate, Oy, and we had  helpers (1 Malaysian, 2 Cambodian, and 2 Russians). While it was fun it was also chaotic and very stressful. Not only did the kids not listen very well but I couldn't communicate with them and then I had a couple of kids get sick from dehydration and they wouldn't drink water! My helpers were absolutely wonderful but I also had a language barrier with some of them which was sometimes difficult. But at the end of the day we only had the players staying overnight with us (like 10 kids) and we just watched a movie and ate popcorn.

Sunday: I worked at the info table all day. I also got to watch all of the games for our Under 14s, Under 12s, Under 10s, Women's touch, and Men's rugby. I am officially a rugby fan! Seriously, lots of rugby players are giants. seriously. I couldn't how many times in one day I felt like an ant.

During the weekend we had a Russian DTS and 3 guys from Cambodia stay with us. It was hectic how many people were coming in and out of the house! The Russian DTS left this morning and while I loved having them here I am glad to have the house back to normal. Well after 3 hours of cleaning this morning it was back to normal haha. One thing we discovered after having the DTS stay with us is that we are really starting to feel like we are a family. I have really been blessed with a lot of great sisters :)

We leave for Pattaya tomorrow (we are there until Saturday). Our lecture topic is Evangelism and we will be ministering in the Red Light District and have volleyball games on the beach etc. I am excited :) After that only 4 weeks until we leave for outreach!

No comments:

Post a Comment