Thursday, February 20, 2014

BIT is almost here!

Life has been busy!
BIT (Bangkok International Tens), a huge rugby tournament, is this weekend so we have been spending a lot of the week preparing. I am leading, along with my Thai roommate Oy, the kids section. Our job to to oversee and help keep the Nak Suu kids who are not playing in the tournament entertained etc on Saturday at the tournament. I am heading up a team of 2 Russians and 2 Cambodians. This weekend will be lots of fun but also super intense (please be praying for cool overcast days like it was today!!)

This week our lecture topic is "Fear of God". Our speaker is from Madagascar and she said the place really is like the movie haha. It was an awesome week and I was stretched and challenged in many ways. I am not just saying that. This week has been tough because I had to make a lot of heart changes. I came to realize how much power the word "yes" holds. Sometimes, instead of saying "no" to our battles it's better to just say "yes" to Jesus...cause He fights our battles. "Fear of God is the beginning of wisdom, fools despise knowledge and instruction." Proverb 1:7

This week has been full of other activities. Yesterday a DTS from Russia arrived. They are staying with us over the weekend to help with BIT. We have lots of other volunteers coming in and out, it's a little overwhelming having so many people around. It had made living with 11 girls look like nothing! Today I had the privilege of going out to Mexican food with my friend Andi (from Texas). I managed to get us on the bus and on the taxi home without any issues (I had only been to this part of town once). I had my 1st scary taxi driver though. Let's just say that dude knew how to hit the gas pedal. After dinner a couple of girls and I went over to the girls staff house to watch Pride and Prejudice. And...Guess what?! I learned how to crotchet! Well, I am learning how to, can't say I am good enough to make anything worthwhile yet.

So yeah I have a busy weekend ahead of me and then after having Monday off we head to Pattaya for a week! So excited about this!

Prayer requests:
-everyone stays healthy this weekend. Please be praying that I will stay hydrated -
-pray that we will have good weather!
- we all keep positive attitudes
-be praying for our outreach week in Pattaya!


No comments:

Post a Comment