Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pattaya and the Red Lights

We arrived in Pattaya! The first thing we did when we arrived was head to the beach :) Our living conditions are not as nice as our home but we feel like this is an introduction to ministry time. I thought I was going to have a hard time with the cold showers, ants everywhere thing but it really doesn't bother me that much. I am actually getting really excited about our outreach phase!

Yesterday lectures with John Robinson (read his book called 'Nobody's Child! He was an awesome testimony) were on evangelism. He himself was introduced to Christ when a couple came to him with a sandwich and sat down and talked to him about Jesus' live for him (john was homeless). Our leaders took some time at the end to pray the armor of God over us. So awesome!

After lecture we had a free afternoon so Santy, Val, Andi, Sarah and I went down the street to get lunch. There happened to be a fish eating tank (idk what you call it but it's a tank you put your feet in and little fish eat your dead skin) right next to is. The guy came over and offered us a huge discount so we said let's do it. I have never felt anything so ticklish in my life. We looked like total psychos as we screamed and laughed and carried on. It was great :) After that we headed down to the beach and had a blast trying to ride waves haha.

Last night we got to have dinner while watching the sunset. After that we headed to one of the many of Red Light District streets to do a prayer walk. I was with Rachael (my school leader) and Oy. This RLD is MUCH bigger then the one we went to in Chiang Mai. It made me a little sick seeing what was going on around me. We bought some roses to hand out to some of the girls and the response we got were incredible...some smiled, some looked confused, some looked completely shocked!

The song "God of this city" was written for Pattaya. And I found myself singing that as I walked down the street.

"Greater things have yet to come, and greater things are still to be done in this city.
You're the God of this City, you're the King of these people, you're The Lord of this nation. You're the Light in this darkness, you're the hope to the hopeless."

Such an awesome song born in a place that seems so lost. I know Greater things are yet to come and be done in this city. Please be praying for Pattaya!

No comments:

Post a Comment