Friday, February 7, 2014

Blessings :)

May God bless you with a restless discomfort about easy answers, half-truths and superficial relationships, so that you may seek truth boldly and love deep within your heart.
May God bless you with holy anger at injustice, oppression, and exploitation of people, so that you may tirelessly work for justice, freedom, and peace among all people.
May God bless you with the gift of tears to shed with those who suffer from pain, rejection, starvation, or the loss of all that they cherish, so that you may reach out your hand to comfort them and transform their pain into joy.
May God bless you with enough foolishness to believe that you really CAN make a difference in this world, so that you are able, with God's grace, to do what others claim cannot be done.
And the blessing of God the Supreme Majesty and our Creator,
Jesus Christ the Incarnate Word who is our brother and Saviour,
and the Holy Spirit, our Advocate and Guide, and remain with you, this day and forevermore.
 
 Our speaker, Mandy from New Zealand, recited this blessing over us after she gave her last lecture. Awesome blessing huh? :)
 
Mandy is an incredible speaker and I absolutely loved lecture time this whole week! I am growing so much in my relationship with God, my roots are becoming deeper and stronger. During worship today God was telling me "Your life will never be the same again" and I am so happy to hear that! At this point, I still don't know what my next step will be after I get home. So many options come to mind! But I am okay with that, I know God has the ultimate plan and I am going to love it cause it will be an amazing adventure :) Another prayer that has been on my heart is "Break my heart of what breaks Yours, God". I think its pretty cool that the blessing went right along with my prayer :)
 
As for other happenings, the days are really busy with morning exercise, class, work duties, and evening activities. I am starting to feel more comfortable using my basic Thai to "talk" to the kids at "Lights in the Community" on Tuesday nights. Here are some of the sweet kids (we are doing a tiger pose in the first picture):


 For Community Night our theme was China in honor of Chinese New Year. It's always great not having to eat Thai food! Thursday night was small group! We made dinner, BBQ chicken and mashed potatoes! So good! Tonight I had the house to myself for a couple of hours. It was wonderful having a quiet house. Tomorrow morning I have Nak Suu. I am a little nervous because I am teaching a group of 10-14 year old boys English by myself (we have a bigger group coming this week). Prayer appreciated!! While I love my weeks I really do look forward to not having an arranged schedule (and not having to get up at 5:45 am) on the weekends. I am so thankful for the weekend! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment