Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Holy, Baking, and Community

Today was super busy! For class today 2 team members presented a YWAM foundational value and then we spent time writing encouraging notes to put in everyone's encouragement box. Sam spoke to us again today and it was so good! He talked about holiness, truthfulness, and faithfulness. We talked about how God calls us to be holy, because He is holy (1 Peter 1:15). Some people believe it is not an achievable goal. But that is usually because they think holiness means 'sinless'; BUT holiness actually means 'set apart'. Holiness is achievable because God doesn't call us to do things He couldn't do, for God is just! When Jesus was on earth he was completely sinless even though he was totally human and faced EVERY single temptation we face with 10x more intensity because Satan probably worked extra hard to get him to fall. But Jesus didn't sin, not because he was focused on being sinless, but because he was focused on God. I just really wanted to share that cause I thought that was just awesome!

After lunch is was constant movement. My room in in charge of cleaning lunch dishes this week so I had to that and then immediately get started on the cake for Community night/Sopos birthday. Community night is when the DTS group and Ark staff all get together for dinner...there is usually a country theme each week and this week was Australia. We worked all afternoon getting the cake made for the night and I do have to say it was the best carrot cake I have ever had! Community night was lots of fun :) We split into 2 groups for dinner , some go to Sopo and Nicole's house (next door to our house) and others go to Lea and Rachael (down the street). I was at Sopo and Nicole's home and it was lots of fun hanging out with Sopos kids. I spent a lot of time talking with his 13 year old daughter. While talking to her I realized how much I miss my Next Wave youth girls (shout out to all you beautiful girls-I miss you!!). After dinner everyone came together for dessert and  Happy Birthday song. Tradition is to also have a time where you pick what type of animal the bday person would be like and then say 2 encouraging words as to why. For intense: Sopo as a elephant cause he leads well and cares for his family. I thought that was so cool! Anyway, today was a fun but busy day (felt like I was back at home and back into reality haha.) . I need to go to sleep now; morning exercises before dawn. Goodnight from Thailand :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment