Sunday, January 19, 2014

SUNDAY FUNDAY



The first picture is of my weekly schedule so you all have an idea of what my life will look like for the next 11 weeks. The next picture is the map we have in the classroom. I love how it shows where all of us come from (poor Jerome got cut off in the picture-my bad).
My Sunday: I started out my day Facetiming my family J It was great seeing all their faces! We went to church today! The church, Bangna Christian Fellowship (BCF), is on the 9th floor of a hotel and has a Thai and an English service (like how we have Spanish and English services at home). The service was good and they preached on Ephesians and unity of the body of Christ. Towards the end of service the pastor had a picture of some Thai food on the screen and a little kid (probably around 4) ran up to the front and looked at the pastor.

Pastor: “Hey Matt, what do you want?”

Kid: “I want to eat!”

That kid is the best hahaha! After church we all got dropped off at Central Mall. This mall has to be one of the tallest malls ever built. It has over 5 levels. My heights fear was starting to slightly kick in on the last escalator. Kayla, Sarah, Shaneen and I all got McDonalds and after walking around the mall a little we took a taxi home. This taxi ride was better this time. The driver surprised me by calling someone who spoke English so I could give directions and she could translate what I said into Thai. I guess my directions in Thai haven’t improved but I am learning! We are now enjoying a wonderful afternoon just chilling. I am getting some much needed alone time, which is fantastic!!! So yesterday I was told that out of all the Americans (there are 4 of us) I had the strongest accent. Found that interesting. Tonight we were on our own for dinner which was entertaining. Anyway I am now getting ready to go to sleep. 6am exercises start tomorrow and I hear that we are running (UGH!) (I think I am going to die). Please be praying that I survive haha. Our morning chores and work duties will begin tomorrow as well.
About to eat crab legs for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment