Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Sickness-Health and Home

I got food poisoning. I think it was that instead of the stomach flu that's been going around (over half of the team has gotten it now). The reason I think it was food poisoning was because I didn't feel nausea except for a time period of 4 hours (soon after I are a questionable dinner) on which I threw up at least 5 times. Everyone with nausea had it for a day if not a little longer. I woke up this morning with no nausea but I did have headache and I was totally exhausted. I stayed in bed all day and just started moving around an hour or so ago. My body is so weak right now. Besides sleeping I have working on homework and spent some time with God. I am also thankful for my family here, they have been so great at taking care of me :)

I shed my first tears today. Well my first tears over being homesick. I managed to keep it all together even though there were numerous times I felt like breaking down in tears on the flight. Took me 3 weeks but I finally shed those tears. For those at home, I miss you all so much! You have no idea how badly I want to give you all hugs and see you all face to face again. I also really miss the Imperial Valley sunsets. Anyway, my mini pity party. Thanks for all your prayers, family and friends, I couldn't do this without you all. My outreach location gets announced in t-minus 2 days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment