Thursday, January 16, 2014

Assignments

Today was yet another great day weather wise! I am getting so spoiled! For lecture, we continued our series about team building. Learning the personalities of my team members will be helpful. After lunch we were assigned our morning chores that start on Monday. I am in charge of cleaning the kitchen with Kayla. We also got our work duty assignments; I am on the hospitality team along with Kayla, Shaneen, and Lynne. Hospitality team job includes planning special things for birthdays, taking care of the guest speakers, and cooking for community nights. I am so excited!! This evening we went to the slums by the port that Ark does a lot of ministry at. It's about an hour away from where I live so I got to see a lot of Bangkok. All I can say is: Bangkok is huge. We stopped at a church in the slum area to meet the pastor and then went to the neighborhoods. One neighborhood looked like Laketown from The Hobbit!! Most families living in these neighborhoods are illegals from Cambodia. Many of them are not able to get healthcare and have to work in hiding. We had dinner in a market nearby. After dinner, Kayla and I went home early with Manuel&Miriam, and Amiee (15 month old their daughter), and Lea (our director). On the way home Lea gave us his testimony of how he found Christ on his DTS. He actually wasn't a Christian when he started but God had a awesome way of getting to his heart during his lecture phase! He also shared his love story with his now wife Rachel :) "With God I have a beautiful wife, 2 sons, have traveled to 28 countries, and serve others. If I had pursued fame and fortune I would be all about myself and would be miserable." -Lea. I am so thankful for being in a quiet house for almost an hour! Everyone just got back and I am going to head to bed soon so...goodnight from Thailand :)

Prayer requests:
-To find alone/recharge time. Living in a house with 12 girls makes this really hard.
-Team unity

No comments:

Post a Comment