Monday, January 13, 2014

Scavenger Hunt and more

The DTS has begun! I am so thankful for the fact that they give us a week to settle in. Yesterday morning we went to the classroom for the first day of orientation. That consisted of learning about YWAM Perth, YWAM Thailand, Ark International, and the their vision for reaching the children. We watched some powerful videos talking about the importance of reaching kids-I encourage everyone to look up the '4-14 window' movement. After class we had lunch and headed out on a scavenger hunt around Bangkok. I am so thankful that Oy (who's Thai) was on my team cause this hunt involved getting on buses and in taxi's and finding places I have never been to. I did get to see YWAM headquarters though and I do know how to do a taxi (haven't quite figured out buses yet). After the scavenger hunt I was EXHAUSTED so I stayed at the house with Kayla (USA-Ohio) while everyone went to dinner. We attempted to cook dinner-after all how hard could it be? Well after almost burning our hands from trying to get the stove lit (its gas but requires a match to light it) we decided to use the microwave...that was in Thai. We did figure it out and had a good dinner! It was wonderful having the house to ourselves. Having 12 or more people constantly in the house and get a little overwhelming at times. Kayla and I both needed recharge time! God has really blessed me with an awesome team though :) Well its getting late so I better get rolling-I still need to make a slideshow for class today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment